The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling electrical services and retrofit lighting solutions through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Outside Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
As an Intell Lighting's Outside Sales Representative, your role will exemplify our brand image as an ambassador and will provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
Intell Lighting offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company services while on-site
- Generate and develop new customers to increase revenue, by cold-calling potential opportunities
- Emphasize service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare detailed sales reports
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients
- Make a front-line assessment of market conditions and advise marketing staff of findings
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of services, competitor activities, and other research.
- University or college degree in Business Administration and/or Marketing education and experience.
- Must have experience partnering and supporting the condominium/property management sector
- Minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in an external sales capacity
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Professional demeanour, selling style, and appearance
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, sales development, and time management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision-makers
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent listening skills.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm!
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)