A local manufacturing plant in Kelowna, British Columbia, is recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, the candidate would be required to perform the following functions:
- Control paperwork flow from the Shipping & Receiving Department.
- Process Packing Slips.
- Manage shortage reporting
- Enter/send purchase orders
- Contact suppliers to expedite orders
- Report discrepancies to suppliers
- Inventory Control:
- Preparing and performing cycle counts as required.
- Maintain count sheets and resequencing if required.
- Inventory preparation/entry & reconciliation.
- Parts Maintenance:
- Obtain part numbers from corporate office for new items.
- Maintain vendor part numbers/model numbers.
- Maintain primary and secondary vendor library.
- Manage new part data entry.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Accounting or Purchasing education considered a strong asset.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems a strong asset.
- Ability to maintain organization while working in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with employees, corporate departments, key business partners.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Well-developed problem solving skills to find new methods and incorporate them into existing practices, as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
- Some overtime may be required.
Job Type: Full-time