C&W Services is looking for a full-time Senior Regional Finance Analyst for our Canadian Business Unit located in Mississauga, Ontario.The Regional Finance Analyst is a key member of the Finance team, responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. Responsible for the accompanying analysis - variance analysis and accounting of transactions and delivery of financial information on a timely and accurate basis.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual budgets and monthly forecasts for the region
- Ensure all reporting and transactional processing requirements for the region are accurate and completed timely
- Close the books monthly; timely and accurately with risks and opportunities identified
- Prepare variance analysis and work with operations to ensure that budgets and forecasts are achieved
- Support operations with ad hoc financial analysis
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly business review decks including KPIs and various analytical reports
- Work with operations and corporate finance to identify and minimize financial risks
- Work with operations and business development to identify and execute growth opportunities
- Coach and educate account operations team on financial related topics and policies / procedures.
- Work with operations, corporate finance, and legal on contractual matters
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to
- Occasional travel to customer sites to work with site management (majority of sites are located in the GTA).
Reporting Structure and Relationships
- Reports to Sr. Finance Manager
- Provides guidance to and oversight of various site administrators across the region
- Works closely with operations teams and C&W Services’ teams including operations, corporate finance, and the finance service center
- Experience, Skills and Education*
- 5+ years related professional experience – FP&A, Controllership, or Operational Finance preferred
- Industry experience – manufacturing, distribution, or professional services preferred
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with budgeting, forecasting, general accounting, SOX, contract set up, billing, purchase orders, calculation of billable hourly rates, transactional processing, month end close, capital investments, leases, and variance analysis
- Experience working with customers (internal and external) on all finance matters noted above and as a general business partner; ability to identify and execute growth opportunities, and ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Experience developing and enhancing processes and controls; improving transactional efficiencies, and leveraging of ERP systems (JD Edwards ideal but not required)
- Ability to analyze results (financial and operational) to understand cost drivers and the levers to drive out costs
- Ability to interpret, structure, and implement contracts to minimize risks and to ensure adherence to contract requirements including billing, AR collections, reporting, and KPIs
- Strong analytical and communication skills supported by advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, takes ownership and has pride in their work, high level of customer service, resilient, self-starter, and a has a can-do attitude
- College diploma or University degree with a major or concentration in finance, accounting, or economics. Will consider an undergraduate degree in engineering or a similar discipline if combined with either an advanced degree in accounting or finance, or an MBA with significant work experience in an accounting or operational finance function.
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) or MBA ideal but not required
About C&W Services
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of our parent company, Cushman & Wakefield. In May 2018, the firm was named one of Forbes America’s Best Employers. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Planning and Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- General Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)