You must sign in before you can apply for this position. Click here to sign in.
Print This Posting
SWITCHBOARD/ADMITTING/HEALTH RECORDS CLERK (CASUAL) Location:
Prince Rupert Facility: PR REGIONAL HOSPITAL Find out MORE about our regions!
05466134 Employee Type: CASUAL Bargaining Unit: HEU Facility: PR REGIONAL HOSPITAL Department: WCO PATIENT REGISTRATION Reports To: NORTH WEST HIMS COORDINATOR Hourly Wage: $23.34 Close Date: JULY 09, 2020 * Comments:
Under general supervision:
performs clerical duties related to creating and maintaining patient records, record retrieval, assembly, quantitative analysis, release of information, and clerical duties relating to the admission and discharge of patients including registration. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering phones, taking messages, transferring calls, faxing reports, and restocking supplies. Receives and forwards calls and information utilizing a switchboard, public address and related communications system. Qualifications
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12 and two (2) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT