Siegwerk has an opening for an InHouse/Ink Room Manager at our customer facility in Mississauga, ON. The InHouse Manager is responsible for performing duties within a customer plant which pertain to daily ink room management and operation. The InHouse Manager will supervise a group of approximately 4 Siegwerk employees inside the customer facility.
- Responsible for running and maintaining all ink room operations to Siegwerk and customer standards.
- Assists customer with ink room procedures, improvements and implementing press color standards and files in a timely fashion.
- Performs technical services and press-side trouble shooting.
- Responsible for creating, budgeting, and the completion of projects, utilizing the resources of the company, to including staff, scheduling, etc.
- Supervises all on-site Siegwerk team members. Monitors, evaluates, and appraises department productivity and employee performance.
- Guides in-house team to meeting daily goals and improving performance.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Provides swatches and new colormatches for end use customers.
- Maintains ink supply inventory.
- Works closely with Account manager and Area Technical Manager to assure proper procedures, work flow, quality and customer relations standards are met.
- Works with customer to establish key performance indicators to improve press performance.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 6-7 years related experience; materials, blending equipment, computer programs, printing production processes and quality control.
- Ability to manage 2+ presses, on a 24/7 continuous operation facility.
- Knowledge and experience in IFS preferred.
- Knowledge with IMS/SPEC dispensing program and or IQC software.
- Knowledge of Solvent Flexo ink and printing, substrates, and presses strongly preferred.
- Highly skilled in press and pre-press converting and quality issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- solvent flexo: 5 years (Preferred)
- printing or packaging: 5 years (Preferred)