Child Development Supervisor/Worker/Assistant
Provides and coordinates the necessary support, resources, supervision and leadership to ensure the provision of nurturing care and education to young children (0-12) in a group setting, in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the Center, the philosophy and policies of the Program, Accreditation, the Curriculum Framework (FLIGHT) and in strict compliance with the Alberta Childcare Licensing Act/Regulations, as well as fire and health regulations. We are a Reggio Emilia based centre and are looking for the right individual to add to our team.
Educators will report to the Program Director and Alternate Director. This is a Full Time (40 hour per week position), with the expectation of working a variety of shifts during our operating hours.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provision of Profesionalism, Leadership and Supervision
- Ensure quality childcare in the program and assist with the implementation of Licensing and Best Practice Standards
- Strong understanding of Licensing Regulations
- Setting up inclusive, equitable and responsive environments with consideration to time, space, materials and participation.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of each child and support staff
- Treat children with respect, compassion and honor established relationships while encouraging new ones
- Ensure that proper child guidance methods are used, communicated and enforced.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation, and ensure that it is complete and up to date
- Ability to plan based on children’s interests, using the FLIGHT Framework
- Track information, including attendance and student counts.
- Attention to detail, able to maintain a clean, welcoming environment
- Display and promote a positive attitude and helpful approach with parents and caregivers.
- Perform duties as required by the Program Director
- Alberta ECE Certificate of CDA, CDW or CDS -- if an equivalent applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of early learning and child development
- Current Standard First Aid (Childcare) with - Level C CPR
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience working in child care or with children
- Current or ability to pass a Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector
- Current or ability to pass an Intervention Record Check
Please include a Cover Letter
Expected start date: 2020-07-06
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Formal Child Care: 1 year (Required)