About Dealer.com Canada
Dealer.com provides an integrated platform of Advertising, Website and Managed Services products which allow OEMs, dealer groups, retailers, and agencies to leverage advanced digital technology and data to better engage and connect with their customers. The company practices a deep commitment to its culture of innovation, with a focus on health and wellness, making it one of the most desirable places to work, and a valuable partner for automotive retailers. In Canada, Dealer.com is managed by Dealertrack Canada. For more information, visit Dealer.com.
The Bilingual Product Manager, leads the prioritization and execution effort specific to Cox Auto Canada’s website program and go-to-market by conveying the vision to the team, defining the product roadmap/requirements, defining the feature sets, and prioritizing it based on business value. The Product Manager works closely with multiple Release Train Product leaders, Product Delivery Managers and Engineering Teams to move the product through the Software Development Lifecycle.
The Bilingual Product Manager is responsible for ensuring successful adoption of the Dealer.com website product in the Canadian market. The Product Manager is responsible for determining which activities will produce the most business value and must aggressively determine which features of a product are most important, when they are developed and proper market delivery timeframes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and analyzes data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
- Spends time researching the business processes required of new product initiatives, assessing functional enhancement prioritization. Lead role in defining customer facing business processes and product feature sets.
- Interfaces with internal and external partners and clients as a representative and subject matter expert for the product(s) assigned.
- Works closely with Client Services, Support, Engineering and Implementation to ensure client requirements are delivered to market. Measures and assesses client satisfaction with new product/project introductions.
- Owns vision and product roadmap and feature prioritization. Participates in establishing feature acceptance criteria and collaborative design sessions. Provides the team with definition, clarification and acceptance of features.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data (such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires), or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Work with cross functional solutions teams to deliver integrated solutions across the DDC platform
- Partners closely with Cox Automotive Canada and Dealer.com engineering teams to prioritize, track and release technical work required to meet business objectives
- Other special project and duties as assigned
- Required to travel 25%
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid judgment, ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and collaborate are necessary
- Ability to prioritize among competing objectives toward the fulfillment of goals
- Effective communication skills are a fundamental requirement
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple accounts and tasks
- Ability to communicate up and down the management structure
- Proven goal accomplishment
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage personal time to achieve Dealer.com's goals
- Must be Bilingual (French and English)
- Must be willing to travel to Vermont and Toronto
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Sales, or comparable equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in business management, market research or consulting environment.
- Previous software product management experience required.
- Previous experience with Scrum or Agile methodologies strongly desired. (SAFe certification an asset)
- Experience in the following software strongly desired: Rally, MS Excel (Advanced), MS Powerpoint (Advanced),
- Familiarity with the Automotive industry a plus.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Sound inductive reasoning required-- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where information must be readily digested, and decisions made expeditiously.
What we offer:
- Full time employment with one of the global leaders in automotive remarketing realm
- This position is remote (Home office required)
- 5 weeks paid vacation per year
- Generous Insurance plan paid by Cox Automotive Canada (medical, dental, life, disability).
- RRSP contribution plan
- Venngo Discount programs
- Fast paced, multicultural work environment
- Career pathing – opportunity for development and advancement within Cox Automotive family of companies
- Opportunity for involvement with local communities though company sponsored volunteering program
- Cox Automotive Canada was named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Product Management: 3 years (Required)