We are looking for service-oriented IT Technicians to provide remote support for an assigned portfolio of clients while striving to achieve and surpass our service level commitments. Daily responsibilities will include technical support, project deliverables and auditing processes for a variety of client environments. Work will be conducted from our downtown Summerside offices. Senior team members will be provided occasional opportunities for travel to out-of-province professional training and conferences. Our service desk model is automated with no incoming calls to individuals. Thus, technicians must be both proactive and responsive, initiating email correspondence, screensharing sessions and outgoing calls as necessary for efficient and effective resolution of client service requests. Career growth allows for advanced technical skill development with increasing server/network support while mentoring alongside senior team members.
· Provide remote technical support for client hardware, network and application issues:
· Working closely with senior team members to ensure best practices and proactive planning for client environments, balanced with timely responsiveness to mission-critical emergencies:
· Proactively monitor servers, applications and services using a combination of remote tools
· Follow-up with clients, provide feedback and see assigned issues through to resolution
· Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support, working closely with senior technical team members or third-party vendors as necessary to resolve outstanding issues
· Evaluate, test and deploy software/hardware upgrades to client server infrastructure
· Update/close client tickets, maintain client IT documentation and enter daily time records
· Shift schedules and occasional after-hours work as required
· Good communication, organizational and time-management skills
· Strong client service skills and confidence when interacting with executive end users
· Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced team environment
· Working knowledge of service desk software and remote-control software
· Strong proficiency in English – both spoken and written
· High School Diploma and at least one of the following:
· Access to a reliable vehicle would be beneficial and is required for senior team members that service regional clients
· All Starport employees must pass a background check within the first month of employment – to be renewed annually
Founded in 2006, Starport is a leading Managed IT Service Provider (MSP). Our team of over 30 professionals provides end user support, network/server administration, cloud hosting and cyber security services to more than 100 small and medium-sized businesses across the Toronto region, in major Canadian cities and within our expanding North American market.
Our management team has actively developed a strong reputation with a wide range of industries, expanding services to include a security operations center, multiple data center facilities and our remote service desk team based out of Summerside, Prince Edward Island. Each team member contributes to Starport’s success with a rich range of experience from diverse professional and technical backgrounds.
We take pride in our work and share a passion for technology. Please visit www.starport.ca for further information.
RIT200 – IT Support Technician
RIT300 – IT Support Specialist
All above roles are full-time positions based out of the Holman Centre in Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Due to the current COVID-19 environment, we will only be considering provincial applicants for this position at this time.
We will endeavor to contact qualified candidates within 5 business days to schedule a telephone interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour