drias International is seeking a Technical Assistance Center Specialist to join the team!
drias International is an ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company. We offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment. The staff in drias International has the unique opportunity to gain national knowledge and expertise in handling policies across various regions and territories. At drias International, we all work together to come up with big ideas and then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we are stronger together.
- Technical Assistance Center Specialist hours are approximately 11am - 7pm, Monday through Friday with some on-call supported as needed*
Definition of Technical Assistance Center Specialist
Under supervision of the TAC Manager, monitors, upgrades, troubleshoots and implements new hardware and software, as well as, daily Help Desk activities assisting users with requests for information technology services, support requests, complaints, and inquiries.
The responsibilities of the Technical Assistance Center Specialist include performing various computer operations tasks, installation, maintenance, and management of PCs, network components, cabling, Internet connectivity, printers and responding to user requests for assistance.
Interaction with Others
The Technical Assistance Center Specialist interacts with many different people. A large part of the interaction is with drias International, internal users, who will ask questions regarding the various systems, or request assistance with technical issues.
The Technical Assistance Center Specialist also interacts with outside vendors and suppliers, such as consulting firms doing work on behalf of drias International, , and vendors providing goods and services.
Interaction with clients is also required, to assist them with technical issues such as file transfers between their systems and drias International, .
Examples of Duties
- Assist users that call or submit tickets to the Help Desk and ensure that user requests and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and concerns of users. Answers inquiries in person and via telephone, e-mail, voice mail and through Help Desk tickets concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, word processing, electronic mail, operating systems and file transfers.
- Perform daily checklist of activities: transferring files via SFTP; running jobs; and monitoring systems. Daily review of other systems to ensure that files are current. Archive and/or delete files as required to ensure enough disk space.
- Monitors, tests, troubleshoots, and documents network hardware/software problems and errors (program errors, storage back-up errors, ftp errors, automation errors, etc.) and follow-up to ensure resolution. Recommends (to Network Administrator) and schedules repairs to maintain network integrity. Understands commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure that daily storage back-ups are performed and tested.
- Repairs, maintains, troubleshoots, and installs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Builds and maintains desktop base hard drive images. Understands commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain tape, disk and cloud back-up libraries.
- Examines and evaluates historical data to determine solutions to on-going errors and problems.
- Maintain and update daily operations schedule and review previous schedules to ensure compliance and error-free operations. Recommend adjustments to schedule where necessary to provide efficient operations and minimal disruption to customers, both internal and external.
- Maintain and review all TAC procedures and guidelines documentation. Update when required to reflect changes to operations procedures. Recommend and develop new procedures and systems to automate manual processes and provide more effective systems operations.
- Maintain inventory of computer supplies, hardware and software. Ensure proper disposal of out-dated and non-functioning equipment. Ensure all data on hard drives to be disposed of are wiped clean by current Department of Defense standards.
- Assist and support the test and schedule of disaster recovery plan.
Ideal candidates should possess the following background:
- Coordinates flow of work between shifts to ensure continuity.
- Enforce policies for the security and safety of the Data Center area.
- Work with other departments to identify productivity improvements that could be achieved using technology.
- Provide formal and informal technical training to staff in the operation of computer and peripheral equipment.
- Maintain awareness of software and hardware knowledge as it pertains to Information Systems and systems analysis.
- Maintains awareness of changes in technology through industry publications, newspapers, user groups, and contact with technology vendors, and other avenues of information.
- Continuing development of skills through self-directed learning activities, seminars, user groups, classes, and other training methods.
- High school and technical school training, preference given to 4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and up.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies, including TCP/IP and Ethernet
- Working knowledge of network and multifunction printers
- Working knowledge of virtual server environments (VMware preferred)
- Working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat preferred)
- One year of operational experience working in computer center operations
- One year of experience working in computer hardware and software
- One year of experience working in PC/LAN environment
- One year of experience working with Microsoft Office, Office 365
- One year of experience working with HTML and web technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, team player and able to immediately contribute to fast pace, deadline intensive environment.
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
- Four years of increasing responsibility in all phases of computer center
- Experience at two previous firms, with a minimum of one year at each firm
- Must be able to effectively handle support of operations and users in a remote office environment.
- Schedule needs to be flexible to be able to cover drias International's hours of operations, including some weekend and evenings.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Net+
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)