The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for timely and accurate Financial Statement preparation and analysis. This position will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for processing, recording, updating and reconciling information in compliance with establish policies.
The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the following:
Accounting Monthly Cycle
- Accountability for the full-cycle accounting process
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of the GL's in OPI's financial ERP
- Monthly reconciliation of OPI's inter company ledger with US-affiliated company "Integris"
- Posting bank adjustments to the GL for both OPI and Integris
- Monthly reconciliation and adjustment for a manufacturing company
- Deferred Revenue
- Monthly Integris State Sales Tax analysis and remittance report
- Reconcile and review the P&L for the entire company and each department
- Oversee and mentor the other functions in the accounting department (AP/AR, Payroll, Taxation)
Accounting Semi-Annual Cycle for OPIsystems and Integris USA
- All monthly accountabilities
- Assist the production team with preparing inventory count sheets
Year-End Accounting Close for OPIsystems and Integris USA
- Financial statement preparation and analysis, inventory valuation and year-end close process
- All semi-annual accountabilities
- Year-end account reconciliations including FX adjustments for foreign currency accounts
- Capital asset depreciation analysis and summary
- Ensure the annual accounting cycle is reconciled and closed for a CCPC (Canadian Private Corporate)
Ad Hoc Queries And Requests For Accounting and GL Information
- Queries and information requests for accounting and GL information
- Candidate must hold a CPA designation.
- 3-5 years related experience in full cycle accounting.
- Knowledge of the Infor ERP Visual Enterprise ERP system
- Proven experience in taking responsibility for full-cycle accounting processes policies and systems.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude in dealing with private and confidential information; uses diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
Job Type: Full-time
- bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Infor Visual ERP: 2 years (Preferred)