Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the Micro Space Planner you bring alive the promise of work, learn, grow for our customers by developing planograms that translate into exciting and fulfilling shopping experiences. You will work on products in both permanent categories and temporary display locations, and support the stores through flawless communication and rigorous attention to detail. With a large scope of impact and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the Director of Merchandising, Planogram Manager, Category Manager and Category Specialists to develop planograms using PC based space management software that appeal to how the customer wants to shop the category, are easy for stores to execute and maintain and maximize sales and optimize inventory investment.
- Incorporate department merchandise presentation standards, company financial objectives, category strategy and Merchandising/Vendor/Store input in the development of planograms.
- Recommend target inventory levels in accordance with department and company guidelines.
- Prepare store communications for operations in relation to planogram updates and additions and respond to inquiries.
- Support store reflows, renovations and new stores initiatives through creation of planograms, updating of store layouts and maintenance of Planogram database.
- Partner with Category Management team to collect planogram related data to support category reviews.
- Create and analyze planogram financial sales to back-up and monitor planogram revisions.
Some of what you need
- At least 1 year experience in retail
- Post Secondary education or equivalent
- Experience in setting up planograms
- Auto-Cad and Planogram software experience is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong communicator and able influencer
- Solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.