A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Email Marketing Lead on our Consumer Digital Marketing team. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Customer Base Management & Retention, the successful candidate will be a part of a team that is responsible for the management and retention of existing Shaw customers. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the management, development and execution of all Consumer email programs through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly, Exact Target).
- Manage all email campaigns across the customer lifecycle to increase revenue and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, develop and implement campaigns that increase revenue and/or reduce churn customer churn
- Work within the Digital Retention Business Leads to map out campaign logic, data requirements and journey workflows
- Work closely with digital partners to design omni-channel customer marketing programs through platforms such as Tealium, Google Marketing Platform, and Twitter
- Collaborate on the design, build and execute on email campaigns through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target)
- Perform A/B testing on all campaigns to establish the most effective copy, content and/or creative
- Analyze and report on email marketing campaigns to make recommendations for optimizations and improvements
- Consolidate and present results to key stakeholders and ensure learnings are incorporated into future campaigns
- Work in partnership with Business Intelligence, Consumer Deep Insights, and Data Strategy groups to ensure that the correct data is collected and available to support smart, data driven decisions
- Stay up to date on email best-practices
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with Canadian anti-spam legislation
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years email marketing experience or similar
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred
- Experience in consumer products and marketing is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing automation software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target)
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and content management systems
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.) is beneficial
- Proven skills to translate data insights into actionable steps
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements
- Experience making data-driven recommendations for email and multi-channel customer experiences
- Collaborate with team leads and data engineers to create data-driven solutions
- Work with a variety of datasets to gain insights to empower internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate email marketing design recommendations to design teams
- Design skills would be an asset but are not needed make it big in this role
- Proven ability to manage projects and competing priorities, while maintaining great attention to detail
- Able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong sense of teamwork and the ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with legal email requirements, including CASL
- Familiarity with the agile business practice, including Jira workflows and scrums
This role is in Calgary, AB and applicant would be required to relocate for the role.
Travel to other Shaw locations may be required.
This posting will close:
November 30, 2019
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.