If you love snowboarding and would love the opportunity to pick and pack orders for snowboard shops all across Canada, this would be the perfect job for you!
Vertex Logical Solutions is one of Vancouver’s premier logistics firms providing clients with in-depth warehousing and distribution services. We have a solid reputation as an industry leader in warehousing.
We are looking to add extremely reliable and hard-working warehouse associate to our dynamic team.
This position is a permanent, full-time Order Selector (packers) for our busy distribution center located on Annacis Island in Delta, BC.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Accurately selecting merchandise for outbound shipments
- Correctly and neatly label product so it is visible on the outside of the pallet/cartons
- Use a RF scan gun and pick sheet to pick or locate individual items within warehouse
- Carry out pre-shift equipment checks
- Breakdown and restack merchandise onto pallets or into shelving
- Ensure items are picked safely to prevent damage
- Inform supervisor of any discrepancies in quantities or item numbers
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment
- Keep work area tidy by picking up scrap wood, paper, plastic, and broken pallets
- The individual MUST possess the following requirements and qualifications:
- Ability to provide a minimum of 3 references for verification of reliability and work ethic
- Steel toed boots
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Excellent communication skills
- Speak fluent English
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work within tight time constraints
- Work in a team environment and to work unsupervised
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in a warehouse environment is preferred, but will provide training and are willing to give people a chance.
- Compensation: $15.75/HR to start with wage increase upon successful completion of 3 month probationary period.
- Compensation will be determined based on the education, experience and skills he/she brings to the position.
- Education: Completed high school, vocational or technical training Work Hours: The successful candidate will work from Monday-Friday on flexible day shift hours
- Thank you for your application, however, only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted for interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.75 /hour