We are a prominent real estate law firm located in Markham, Ontario that is currently seeking a highly motivated Real Estate Law Clerk with a minimum of 2-3 years experience to join our team.
- Completion of residential real estate transactions (purchase, sale, refinance, private mortgages) from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Conduct title and writ searches, prepare requisitions, charges, deeds, and discharges, order title insurance
- Communicate with clients, brokers, lenders, and other law offices in order to complete closings
- Communicate with lenders to request for funds and deal with issues with funding
- Complete client intake and telephone clietns to request required information and discuss issues relating to the file
- Prepare client and lender reports
- Banking to make deposits
- File opening and file management on PCLaw
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings, conduct docketing and billing, and other administrative tasks as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in real estate law
- Successful completion of law clerk diploma (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Teraview, Conveyancer, PCLaw, and Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication, organization, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle a large volume of files
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Mandarin an asset
- Access to own vehicle
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time
- real estate law: 2 years (Preferred)