Merwars Lawyers is an established Toronto law firm which has been providing legal services for over 17 years.
We are seeking to add to a Immigration consultant to our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising clients with respect to obtaining temporary and permanent status in Canada. This includes permanent residence (Express Entry, CEC, Federal Skilled Workers, start-up visa, PNP, Family Class, Quebec immigration),temporary resident visas, inadmissibility issues, permanent residence issues (PR card renewal, residency obligations, travel documents), citizenship matters.
We are seeking an individual with 1 to 3 years of experience in Canadian immigration law.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing facts and law to determine the most suitable application and process
- Assessing cases to advise as to the appropriate work permit category as well as identify and resolve any potential issues
- Reviewing and assessing client documentation in order to evaluate applicants' qualifications;
- Preparing applications and providing advice throughout the application process including extensions and amendments, if applicable
- Writing submission letters, drafting immigration forms and submitting application to the appropriate office
- Filing applications to the port of entry, case processing centre, central intake office, on line, embassy/consulate
- Communicating updates on immigration process to clients;
- Appropriately managing client expectation
- Reviewing forms and documents provided by clients and providing feedback, where applicable
Requirements and Qualifications:
- ICCRC-registered as a licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant
- Minimum one year of experience in the immigration field
- An individual who has knowledge of the eligibility requirements and criteria for permanent and temporary immigration programs.
- The ability to assess the client’s situations and advise them of the best possible option
- Compassionate, assertive and motivated.
- The ability to work both independently and as part a team
- The ability to listen, empathize, build rapport and connect with prospective clients.
- Strong customer communication skills, timely and accurate response to customer appeals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Immigration consultancy: 1 year (Preferred)