Join the Maintenance team at Sparkling Hill Resort as a Cabinet Maker/Furniture Carpenter!
The responsibilities include:
- Setup and operate a variety of woodworking machines as well as use various hand tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture.
- Match materials for color, grain and texture.
- Trim component parts of joints to ensure fit using hand tools such as planes, chisels or wood files.
- Glue, fit and clamp parts as well as sub-assemblies together to form complete units.
- Sand surfaces for finishing.
- Stain, varnish and paint assembled furniture and various articles.
- Comply with Health and Safety and WHMIS requirements for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Respond to guest requests for maintenance in hotel rooms.
- Perform minor repairs as well as other related duties, including minor duties of other trades.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Maintain fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Current Journeyman Carpenter Certificate an asset, but not required.
- 1-2 years of experience as a carpenter or in similar role.
- Previous woodworking/assembly/cabinet making experience.
- Ability to perform small repairs.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with tools and basic woodworking tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Open availability including weekends and holidays.
- Reliable transportation is essential.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and detailed resume to Mr. Erik Willihnganz, Maintenance Manager. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available on site in double rooms for full time Sparkling Hill employees, working 40 hours per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent