Situated in the Annapolis Valley, Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards is one of Nova Scotia’s newest wineries, officially open to the public in the summer of 2017. Owned and operated by the Lightfoot family who have been farming in the Annapolis Valley for eight generations, Lightfoot & Wolfville provides a truly unique farm winery experience. Embracing organic and biodynamic agriculture, this estate nurtures not only 40 acres of vineyard but also raises heritage breed livestock and grows its own produce for the winery kitchen. With close proximity to the Minas Basin and the world’s highest tides, cool breezes and excellent temperature moderation help create wines with great distinction. The new hospitality facility features a wine shop, tasting room, wood-fired pizza oven and patio where guests can enjoy stunning views of Cape Blomidon. The barrel cellar and marquee tent among the vines provide the perfect venue for special events from weddings, to social, and corporate gatherings.
The Chef de Partie professionally prepares food to the Executive Chef’s specifications and sets up stations for the menu. Assisting the Executive and Sous Chefs with their daily tasks and contributing to guest satisfaction and acquisition goals. Must possess a positive attitude, confidence, patience and an ability to think quickly whilst managing many tasks simultaneously.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chop vegetables, butcher meat, prepare sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen team.
- Answer, report and follow Executive Chef or Sous Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food is prepared in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with other Lightfoot & Wolfville team members and guests.
- Comply with and follow all Lightfoot & Wolfville health and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Lightfoot & Wolfville wine portfolio, business pillars and philosophies, and outstanding hospitality standard.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Food Safety Certification
- 1 – 2 years or more of proven cooking experience, including as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Culinary school diploma considered asset
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of cooking with ingredient limitations and allergies (e.g. gluten free, etc)
- Customer focused approach and patience
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attentiveness and patience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts with ability to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)