The Assistant Manager/Bridal Consultant will be responsible for the day to day operations of our retail bridal boutique. This includes client consultations, supervision of volunteers, and key holder responsibilities including cash and credit card sales management.
Job duties Operations:
- Opening and closing the shop and tidying throughout the shift.
- Planning room assignments for brides and sharing with volunteer staff
- Receiving donations and pricing dresses accordingly.
- Welcoming each bride, conducting a tour, enforcing shop rules and helping each bride find the dress of her dreams
- Understanding and providing information to clients on cleaning and alterations procedures
- Learning about veil consultations and inventory management
- Processing payment for dress, veil and accessory purchases.
- Minor sewing of hanging straps/train loops
- Monitoring appointment timing and keeping volunteers on track with bridal clients
- Manage minor disputes or haggling and the rare client complaints
- Merchandising, particularly bridal accessories
- Purchasing and insuring an adequate supply cleaning supplies, hangers, office supplies
- Ensuring that the boutique is clean and tidy
General Administrative Duties:
- Answering the phone and checking the voicemail regularly during the shift.
- Responding promptly to all inquiries in a warm and friendly manner
- Monitoring appointments through the online booking system to keep track of cancellations, new appointments and special requests. Candidate will need to familiarize herself with the system and how to reschedule/cancel/block clients.
- Tracking sales, updating sales spreadsheet
- Sending out receipts to salon donors/thank you cards
- Assisting with our social media presence and promoting The Brides’ Project in the local bridal marketplace
Volunteer Management and Training
- Interviewing, screening, hiring volunteer staff
- Mentoring, coaching and training according to individual volunteer needs
- Assist in developing tools and processes for training new volunteers and tracking progress
- Volunteer scheduling
- Organizing social events and other tools to promote volunteer engagement
- Doing setup and teardown for trade shows, input on booth design
- Scheduling volunteer shifts at shows
- Engaging potential clients and industry partners
- Working with other community groups and charities to find suitable home for excess stock/unsold dresses
- Promoting organization via social media
- Focusing on continuous improvement – how can we better serve our clients, thank our donors, attract more suited clientele, streamline processes, etc.
Desired skills and Experience
The Assistant Store Manager/Bridal Consultant should have a passion for giving back to our community and for delivering outstanding customer service. We really need an energetic, enthusiastic person who wants to learn and be challenged. There's plenty opportunity for growth - and I'm willing to teach what you need to know : ) Most importantly, it's a fun and friendly environment so a great sense of humour is a MUST! For consideration, your application must include a cover letter letting us know why you would like to be in the bridal industry and why you would want to work with our team at The Brides' Project.
This is a Leadership role, and the candidate must be able to lead/direct fellow staff, be hard working and able to share knowledge to help the team anticipate brides’ needs. The assistant manager will need to manage multiple demands and maintain a positive and supportive team environment. The Store Manager will report directly to the owner Helen.
Experience in a retail setting in a supervisory role would be ideal, in addition to:
- Willingness to learn about the bridal industry – from garment construction to fabrics/silhouettes and other design elements
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to take care of details while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with high degree of professionalism and maturity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team and develop others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate computer skills including MS office, social media tools and quick to learn our appointment booking system
- Passionate about making a difference, and able to engage others
- Warm, approachable, and genuine personality
- Access to a vehicle an asset.
- Ability to do basic sewing or willingness to learn
- Problem solver/idea generator
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Microsoft office: 2 years (Required)
- Retail Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)