Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people’s lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
Due to our continuing growth, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Senior Associate, Recovery & Reorganization within our Advisory Services group in Southern Ontario. Your role includes planning and executing on all phases of projects and engagements for multiple clients in varied industries. You will lever from your experience and reputation in the field in making significant contributions to the group through client and practice management.
As an Associate/Senior Associate, your responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team on corporate restructuring files
- Assessing the viability of diverse business entities in a variety of industries
- Providing oversight and control of business operations and asset sales
- Assessing a variety of business issues and working as part of a team in formulating recommendations to the Court, and/or to various stakeholders. In this regard, prepare written reports to the Court and/or to other stakeholders, in accordance with the mandate of the file
- Interacting with legal counsel in dealing with the legal elements of each mandate to effectively communicate and negotiate with a number of stakeholders with diverse interests
- Maintaining positive relationships with other corporate restructuring professionals including lawyers and representatives of lending institutions,
- Taking an active role in industry organizations, events and firm marketing initiatives
- Maintaining professional competence and staying current in all technical and legal elements of a corporate restructuring practice; and
- Adherence to all firm risk management policies and taking active steps to minimize the risk exposure to the firm.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Associate/Senior Associate? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Recently wrote CFE
- Independent, intuitive thinker with the ability to apply accounting skills and business acumen in a variety of unique challenging, one-off, real time assignments
- Currently enrolled or will be enrolling as a candidate to become a Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Knowledge or experience with corporate insolvency assignments is of benefit
- Strong client development skills and enjoys the social aspects of marketing to key targets
- Access to a car and possession of a valid driver’s license
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.