MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Location: Central Okanagan Family Practices
Status: Full-time, Casual, Temporary
Please note that when a physician is hiring for a Medical Office Assistant, we will be giving them your resume with your contact information for the hiring process.
A number of family practices with the Kelowna area are looking for Medical Office Assistants, each office with different positions available.
This position performs a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties at multiple sites, such as:
- Regular administrative and reception duties: registers patients, answers telephone, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings, data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications, compiles and enters statistical information, records, transcribes, types, drafts, creates, updates all forms of correspondence;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Receives, records, checks and balances revenue transactions and petty cash;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, and equipment
- Clinical support - escorting to examination/treatment room and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up; attends sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements - weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis;
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivers and disposes of supplies, biologicals, materials, and equipment;
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an accredited Community College,
- Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type at 50 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of EMRs: OSCAR, MedAccess, IntraHealth, Wolf
Please specify what job status you are interested in.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- health care setting or similar: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- MOA Certificate (Preferred)