CARTE International Inc. is recognized as a manufacturer of high-quality transformers and providing excellent customer service since 1973. We have grown significantly to be a major supplier of transformers in our product range in Canada and the USA. A major reason for Carte’s success is the overall excellence of its 370 employees.
Carte International is a management owned business seeking an ambitious career-oriented individual to join their team. We are looking for a self-motivated team player; capable of managing multiple priorities with the ability to balance quality, productivity and safety to achieve positive results to meet departmental priorities.
The successful candidate will have a welding background along with direct supervisory management experience to organize and plan for the departments nightly operating requirements. The production manager will work closely with plant floor employees and Production Management to ensure effective and efficient communication within the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and training to team members regarding standard operating procedures, safety, and policies and procedures.
- Communicate any concerns or issues with the Production Management team.
- Ensure effective employee relations by providing employee mentoring, development and resolving employee issues through coaching and problem resolution.
- Arrange for training to develop the employees’ work skills to improve department throughput and reduce scrap/rework through coaching and training.
- Evaluate and update the performance of team members against their job requirements and performance goals within the time frame designated for their position level.
- Address employee concerns with Production Management and Human Resources, as necessary.
- Perform regular quality inspections to ensure that issues are caught and addressed effectively.
- Review drawings as needed to ensure that the information being relayed to the shop team is correct.
- Organize daily work within the team and ensure that the work areas have the necessary tools/material to complete the work.
- Monitor equipment, air tools, hand tools, etc. within the shop and order replacement tools as needed.
- Interact with internal and external business partners in a professional and respectful manner.
- All other duties as assigned as they relate to the position.
Qualifications / Desired Experience
- 5 -7 years’ progressive experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience directing a diverse hourly or manufacturing workforce (unionized experience considered an asset).
- 2 -3 years previous experience in metal fabrication, welding, and assembly.
- Accredited CWB Welding Supervisor Certification considered an asset.
- Ability to read Blueprints and engineering fabrication drawings.
- Solid understanding of production processes and techniques.
- Knowledgeable in fabrication, welding, machining operations, engineered materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of team members.
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Previous experience operating a forklift is considered an asset.
- Comfortable working with different computer programs, with experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and leadership in the principles and practice of Lean, Six Sigma, 5P and/or other continuous improvement models; participated in related improvement projects considered an asset.
To explore this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications to:
Carte International Inc.
Attention: Human Resource Department
“Production Manager – Midnight Shift – Welding Department”
Fax: (204) 694-4480
Email: careers @ carte.ca
Closing Date: August 20, 2020
Carte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long-serving workforce that includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.
Please note this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those with valid, open work permits only.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $57,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
- production: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory in manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- welding: 2 years (Required)
- CWB Welder Qualification (Preferred)
- Welding Supervisor (Preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing (Preferred)