Spend your summer with our International youth (ages 8-17) at our residential summer camp taking place at the McGill MacDonald Campus in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue. The Activity Manager position requires an experienced youth camp professional with experience managing a team of 6+ individuals. Salary is $800 per week with accommodation and meals included. Contract is from Wednesday, June 24th - Sunday, August 2nd, 2020. Please review duties and qualifications required below. Please contact with a resume to request an application form.
The Activity Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the ILSC Social Program, ensuring that the activities and trips are stimulating, structured, and inclusive, and that the welfare, safety and discipline of the students are paramount. The Activity Manager is responsible for managing the logistics of all onsite and offsite activities. This is a key management role.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in setting up course in advance of students’ arrival, including unpacking, distribution and storage of course materials. Ensure sufficient signage is displayed appropriately.
· Complete a full inventory and monitor usage, report any missing or damaged equipment to the Centre Director.
· Lead the activity meeting at the pre-course training and daily during the course to review previous day’s activities, planning ahead, etc.
· Welcome the students on the first Sunday coordinating orientation around the site, allocation of and checking into rooms, banking, calls home and initial “getting to know you” entertainment
· Assist in induction of students and group leaders onto course.
· Set up the center notice board with sections for notices, academic and activities. Ensure the weekly (and daily) plan of activities is displayed in an exciting and attractive way. Update board daily.
· Co-ordinate and support the activity leader team, motivating and leading through example.
· Monitor the Social Program and adapt as appropriate in consultation with the Centre Director.
· Allocate and brief center staff for all activities, supervision arrangements and excursions, ensuring staffing ratios are maintained at all times.
· Advertise and build enthusiasm for programmed activities.
· Confirm all bookings for excursions with vendors, transport companies and operators.
· Monitor expenditure on the Social Program providing full receipts and detailed records of expenditure on course program, ensuring that all expenses are approved by the Centre Manager.
· Confirm with school/university staff for timetabled use of facilities.
· Participate in the Monday induction of new students, explaining to them how the activities and excursions are structured.
· Co-ordinate with the Centre Director and center staff on arrival and departure duties to ensure the safe arrival/departure of all students.
· Liaise with the Centre Director and Academic Manager on the morning assembly and participate as appropriate.
· Ensure the attendance of all students throughout the social program.
· Take responsibility for the health, safety, welfare and discipline of the students anticipating discrimination, bullying and damage.
· Liaise with the Centre Director each day regarding planned activities, use of additional facilities and issues of safety, welfare and discipline.
· Take responsibility for the supervision of leisure activities ensuring health and safety measures are respected (use of correct footwear during sports, no unsupervised team games etc).
· Participate in regular weekly meetings with the Director of Junior Programs.
· Assist in the closing down of the course, repacking and stock checking.
· Assist with staff appraisals at the end of the course.
· All other reasonable requests.
Skills and Attributes
· Experience of managing a team
· Experience of working with teenagers in a residential setting
· Appropriate leisure qualification e.g. Sports Management or Event Planning
· Advanced CPR / First Aid / Lifeguard certification
· Instructor experience e.g sports, drama, dance, arts and crafts etc.
Additional Requirements of the Job
· Attendance at pre-season training
· Arrival at center four days before course start date
· Attendance during the course on a rotation basis for six days per week
· One full day off per week
· Reside on campus
· Criminal Record Police Check
· References provided will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with persons under 16. You will be asked to complete a declaration that you are not unfit to work with students under the age of 16
Due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, or will receive a response. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $800.00 /week