We are a growing company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing/emerging industry, providing a variety of services from debarking, inspection, to loading of logs for customers to obtain mandatory export certifications in the forestry industry. Backed by our partner, one of the biggest exporters of wood products in North America, we have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and guaranteed shared success in this market segment.
The position will be part of our team working in our lumber yard. We are looking for the first of many members for our new core team who brings the right values to the table, is success-driven, and is eager to grow with us!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate various gas and diesel-powered equipment commonly used in the forestry industry, ranging from wheeled loaders, truck mounted log loaders, to ring debarkers etc.
- Follow the provided booking & volume documentation to ensure the attainment of daily, monthly and yearly production schedules.
- Perform daily inspections and preventative maintenance on all machinery & equipment
- Receive, reallocate & segregate incoming shipments of lumber, and keep accurate records of inventory
- Maintain an accurate record of work orders received, completed, and delivered
- Communicate with delivery & freight drivers of who visit the yard, and provide necessary updates to the Operations department and office
- Diagnose, test, and identify potential issues with all machinery & equipment
- Perform adjustments and repairs on machinery & equipment as needed
- Assist in planning, directing, and managing the production process with respect to quality, training, maintenance, safety, production scheduling, continuous improvement and the environment.
- Support the setup and management of the yard, and provide suggestions for improvements to the production processes and systems.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a forestry or industrial environment, preferably in a log yard or sawmill
- Valid license for operating heavy machinery within the forestry industry is an asset
- Current or previous forklift license or experience is an asset
- Familiar with OHSA and WHMIS regulations
- Excellent time management skills
- Passion for excellence and drive to grow
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Physically capable & able to lift up to 50lbs
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday during the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Should accommodations be required, applicants should inform of any such needs in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- heavy equipment operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- industrial or related: 1 year (Preferred)