Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent respiratory care for Critical Care and all areas of the hospital. The RRT is responsible for spirometry, respiratory assessment, intubation/extubation, ventilation to blood gases, arterial line insertion, arterial punctures, bronchoscopy assistance, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and assist with patient transport. You may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Registered and a member in good standing with College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Current Certificates in BCLS and NRP
- Current ACLS( or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Demonstrates a systematic approach to respiratory assessment
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of mechanical ventilation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to make appropriate recommendations to the MD regarding ventilation changes required to improve patient outcome on a continuous basis
- Good organizational, prioritization and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates values consistent with Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Certified in arterial line insertion/arterial punctures and endotracheal intubation /extubation
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.