Role Purpose (brief description of why the job exists):
Responsible for the smooth processing of Payroll and related tasks for Maple Lodge Farms and Associated Companies, accurately and in a timely manner, and in compliance with legislation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Perform accurately & timely - daily, weekly and bi-weekly editing & processing for Time & Attendance System (T&A - Kronos & Clocks) for Maple Lodge Farms “MLF” Brampton, Distribution Centre & Mississauga employees.
- Process all required tasks for bi-weekly Payroll for MLF Mississauga Union Employees and weekly Payroll for MLF Brampton & Distribution Centre Union Employees.
- Complete all Accounts Payable Payroll & associated tasks for Health Benefit costs.
- Audit new hires, termination and other changes in HRIS System.
- Fold and sort all weekly pay statements.
- Monitor and maintain office stationery & statement sealer for Payroll department.
- Prepare invoices and billings at Month End for all charge backs to union.
- Train supervisors and managers on T&A - Clocks.
- Provide income information as requested; prepare and amend Records of Employment (ROEs) for terminated employees, respond to or refer queries to the appropriate authority for resolution.
- Assist with upcoming T&A Project & Other Special Projects with testing and any assigned tasks.
- Create, maintain and update procedure manuals related to own duties and responsibilities.
- Provide cross-training & back-up support to ensure uninterrupted payroll during any leaves.
Other duties as assigned (the above duties are representative but not all inclusive)
- Data entry experience plus minimum 2 years’ experience processing payroll, and sound technical knowledge with in-house payroll processing;
- Some familiarity with Ontario Employment Standards compliance (ESA);
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively autonomously with little or no supervision;
- Ability to work in high volume fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office) particularly intermediate excel skills.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma required;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred
- Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.