The purpose of this position is to provide System Architecture and guidance to the IT Systems and Architecture department. This position is essential to providing the architecture designs and roadmaps to establish long term planning for Information Technology to support the ever changing needs and demands of CNL. The System Architect position reports directly to the Manager of IT Systems & Architecture. The System Architect is viewed as a senior position responsible for establishing and providing IT strategies as they pertain to software, hardware, networking; choosing software families and providing a clear vision as the business needs scale up and down.
- Leads technical support across existing application portfolio by understanding how the business works, to identify areas of improvement (problem areas), and to work with the business stakeholders to identify suitable solutions.
- As a member of an IT project team, participates in the selection and implementation of new and existing applications.
- Reviews required system documentation (requirements, process manual, use cases, presentations, etc.) to ensure that the solution matches the desired architecture outcome.
- Reviews technical documentation to ensure business requirements are being met by the proposed solution.
- Reviews test strategies and test cases to ensure adequate testing against desired architecture.
- Leads configuration of commercial software to meet business needs as identified in business requirements on large projects.
- Determines system alternatives and/or manual work-arounds for unmet business requirements.
- Keep current on ITIL and CNL business best practice processes and offer opportunities for process change to other business units to maximize efficiencies.
- Lead, mentor, and collaborate with other Programmer Analysts â€“ setting a learning, evolutionary, and open environment.
- Oversees Development and/or configuration and delivers information systems. This could include commercial off-the-shelf software, outsourced custom builds or in-house developed solutions.
- Defines standards to manage source code, applying defined code management, configuration management and change control processes, and adheres to software development methodologies, standards, and toolsets currently in use.
- Reviews required technical documentation (detailed technical design documents, unit test plans) according to established software development methodologies and standards.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, including preparation of test plans/cases, executing unit, system and integration testing, and documenting defects in collaboration with the project team.
- Provides second level production support for the existing portfolio base, liaising with business users and vendor support as required.
- Establishes coding standards & oversees the code review process.
- Graduation from a recognized educational institution in computer science OR Graduation from an equivalent formal educational program and relevant IT experience.
- Ten or more years of practical experience in designing and implementing information systems.
- Relevant certifications in Systems Architecture considered an asset (TOGAF, ITIL, etc).
- Consistently demonstrated expertise in multiple technical disciplines as they relate to information systems delivery (such as Oracle, SQL Server, .Net Platform, Service Oriented Architecture, ERP, Data Warehousing).
- Consistently demonstrated expertise in multiple SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, RAD, JAD, iterative) and able to provide input to recommendations for application of methodology to optimize development.
- Demonstrated expertise with Cloud and Cloud hybrid solutions.
- Consistently demonstrated understanding of application integration and workflow techniques. Demonstrated understanding of project management principals.
Job Type: Contract
- in designing and implementing information systems: 10 years (Required)
- multiple technical disciplines as they relate to IT systems: 8 years (Required)