What We’re Looking For
Nortrans is excited to announce that we're seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join our talented team of transportation and logistics experts. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this individual will be responsible for ensuring Nortrans’ customers' freight moves seamlessly from point of origin to final destination.
This person should have strong experience in a dispatch position and should know the ins and outs of the Transportation & Logistics industry; they should be a strong communicator and quick on their feet, able to manage the dynamic conditions that our customers, professional drivers, and other partners work in. The Logistics Coordinator wears a number of different hats each day: customer service, driver experience, and equipment utilization. They must feel confident and excited about using these different skillsets.
We are looking for an individual who is based in or is willing to relocate to the Okanagan Valley. This is an in-office position where the Logistics Coordinator will be expected to work with the rest of the Nortrans team from our Kelowna office.
A Day In The Life of The Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure drivers are provided with timely and accurate dispatches, routing, and instructions to deliver freight on-time and without damage; act as the first point of contact for drivers, showing patience and empathy in all situations
- Communicate with customers on a day-to-day basis to understand their upcoming freight requirements; manage customer demand with equipment supply as both ebb and flow
- Monitor driver movements and communicate delays or potential delays with customers; you are solution-oriented!
- Maximize equipment utilization on a daily basis, ensuring Nortrans’ 60+ professional drivers, trucks, and trailers are loaded and moving whenever possible
- Coordinate with customers and the Nortrans Operations Team to accurately and efficiently build and dispatch loads (FTL, LTL) in Nortrans’ TMS system, TruckMate
- Communicate with Nortrans’ Fleet Manager to understand truck and trailer maintenance schedules and availability, ensuring the dispatch plan accommodates regular maintenance
What You'll Bring To The Table
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the Transportation and Logistics industry
- Ability to patiently and productively communicate with different stakeholders
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with other Logistics Coordinators and the rest of the Nortrans Team
- A mindset of continuous improvement; you're always thinking, "there must be a better way to do this!"
- Excellent computer skills; experience with TruckMate and/or ISAAC is an asset
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked.
Nortrans is proud to be a 2022 Canada Top Fleet Employer. In addition to a respectful yet casual work environment and a supportive team, the Logistics Coordinator role at Nortrans offers:
- A competitive annual salary with a compensation review after year 1
- A robust employer-funded benefits program
- A genuine, respectful, and casual work environment that's developed over 30 years
- The freedom to have a voice and make an impact
Who We Are
Nortrans was founded in 1992 with a single delivery van and a simple mission: to work hard and provide an honest, reliable transportation service for businesses across the Okanagan Valley. We operate in this same spirit today, staying true to our roots and the customers and community that grow alongside us.
Through a commitment to integrity and building long-term partnerships, Nortrans has built a genuine culture and a loyal customer base spanning forestry, building supplies, e-commerce, and heavy-industrial. With terminals in Kelowna and Chilliwack BC, our footprint covers all of Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, while our third-party logistics division serves all of Canada and the continental United States. Today we operate the largest fleet of china top curtain side and roll tite trailers in Western Canada, as well as flat deck, 3PL, and mid/final mile divisions.
We’re proud of our story and are excited for what’s next. With a focus on driver wellbeing, sustainability, and growth into diverse business areas, we’re committed to leading the transportation and logistics industry into a new era while providing the same trusted service we’ve put our name behind since the beginning.
Learn more about our story at nortrans.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- KELOWNA, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location