SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students. Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
We are looking for individuals who align with our commitment to excellence and who demonstrates:
o a growth mindset through curiosity, creativity, and collaboration
o leads with a world-class customer experience mindset
o is dynamic and responsible to the needs of stakeholders, speed and agility are critical
o someone who embraces trial and error as an important part of learning
The Marketing department: If you believe the difference between a potential student and an applicant comes down to the right information at the right time and you can create memorable campaigns in unique ways, we want to meet you. Our dynamic team leads SAIT’s institutional Marketing and Recruitment Plan, manages brand, marketing and recruitment initiatives, and operates key digital marketing channels.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to comply with all SAIT health and safety policies, as amended from time to time, including those relating to the mitigation of Covid-19 related risks. All applicants who accept an offer of employment will be required to provide confirmation of full vaccination status of COVID-19.* Applicants who are not vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act, such as a medical reason, will be reasonably accommodated and subject to workplace risk mitigation measures.
The Marketing department is hiring a Recruitment and Events Coordinator. If you believe the difference between a potential student and an applicant comes down to the right information at the right time and you can create memorable campaigns in unique ways, we want to meet you. Don’t miss out, apply today.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Business Partner, you will coordinate strategic and targeted recruitment events for your assigned schools, departments, and programs. You are a creative and tactical marketing professional with an interest in experiential marketing strategies to drive customer/student acquisition.
You are a trend-seeker, and more importantly, a trend-setter. Whether in-person or online, your events are memorable and unmistakably SAIT. Your recruitment events go beyond traditional classroom visits to unique venues with unique, targeted audiences. Your captivating presentation skills and flawless execution of events evoke emotion and engage multiple senses beyond just visual. During events you ensure guests are attended to with experts and knowledge of post-secondary education, our programs and our admissions processes, and where required you provide training to event ambassadors. You are on-hand at many of these events to fulfil an advising role yourself.
You have exceptional communication and customer service skills with a proven ability to cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders including prospective students, parents, guidance counsellors, career advisors, referral agencies, alumni, partners, faculty, staff, and suppliers. In ensuring client satisfaction, you show a passion for quality and attention to detail. You are recognized as a community and consensus builder and work to create a collaborative environment leading to extensive stakeholder buy-in and engagement. You are patient when you need to be, and bold when the objectives require it.
Note: *This position involves frequent travel within and outside Calgary, including occasional events/activities on evenings and weekends.
Event Marketing: *
- Plan, execute and oversee all online and in-person recruitment events for prospective and applicant students, their families, and counsellors and educators in the community.
- Maintain recruitment event calendar for long-range planning and preparation.
- Organize all aspects of event from conception to completion including, but not limited to: goals/objectives, detailed timelines and task lists, budgets, scheduling rooms/venues, staffing and assignments, logistics, fire marshal approvals, transportation, custodial, catering/hospitality, decor, entertainment, supplies and promotional items needed, and researching venues.
- Conduct briefings and/or regular meetings with Director, students and volunteers as needed, debriefings with key constituents.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and summary reports. Conduct annual review and assess needs for future events.
- Coordinate event program materials .
- Manage and staff all events.
- Monitor event responses and reservations, ensure appropriate staff/students know event details to help field questions and serve as primary contact to all event-related questions.
- Coordinate presenters, participants and guest speakers as needed.
- Work with the team to initiate advertising, printing, signage, invitation mailing, and media notifications to promote events.
- Develop highly engaging presentations integrating the latest in communications technology and the use of interactive engagement tools (i.e. polls).
- Regularly deliver presentations that effectively engage, excite and influence our target audiences.
Client Services: *
- Collaborate with multiple client groups to source speakers, ambassadors and content.
- Ensure project planning includes stakeholder input and considerations.
- Support a client-centred approach in all aspects of the work we do, with a focus on stakeholder satisfaction, transparency and inclusion.
- Degree or diploma in event planning, event marketing or similar field.
- Minimum two (2)years of related work experience in event marketing.
- Proven experience in delivering digital events using event platforms such as Zoom and Teams. Familiarity with other. communication/event software is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service experience.
- Project management and client services skills, collaborative team member, and able to manage multiple client projects and deliver on deadlines.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to maintain quality control and consistency in the look and feel of SAIT’s institutional events.
- Ability to present publicly to large and small audiences on marketing strategies, trends, and the work that we do.
- Experience in conducting high school presentations and engaging school counsellors.
- Knowledge of admissions requirements/process and experience creating FAQs related to recruitment.
- Experience as a tour guide is an asset.
- Working-level skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Job classification: Information Officer I
Hours per week: 36.25
Salary Range: 49,671.45-63,112.63
# of positions: 2
Posting closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found
SAIT believes excellence is achieved through equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) because EDI creates the conditions for a healthy campus where everyone feels welcome, respected and empowered to succeed. SAIT values fairness, shared accountability and the importance of representation. The institution expects a commitment from its students and employees to continuously develop an equitable and inclusive mindset that celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives. SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or comments related to EDI at SAIT.
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop. To continue with the online application process click on the Apply For This Job button or use your LinkedIn profile. All applications should be made through our online system. By using this system to apply for this position, you agree that your candidacy will be visible to all hiring managers at SAIT. If you have concerns about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address — all applications should be made through our online system.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false SAIT postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information.
Please be aware that SAIT will never request information beyond what is required for a resume. SAIT will never ask for sensitive personal information such as birthdates, banking, social insurance or health care account information for our application process.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site. If you are uncertain about the validity of a posting or offer, please forward the suspicious posting to email@example.com.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $49,671.45-$63,112.63 per year