We are a non-profit organization providing residential services to youth struggling with a range of issues, including addiction, attachment difficulties, social skill deficits, anger management, contact with law enforcement and/or the sex trade, and mental health. Our resource is located in Coquitlam.
1. Child and Youth Care Worker diploma or related degree and/or three years of experience in providing care to youth who have experienced conflict within the family and community at large, and exhibit conduct and behavioral disorders.
2. Practical and theoretical knowledge of adolescent development, youth issues and community resources.
3. Ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in the face of a variety of behaviors, and does not have biases in terms of culture, religion, race, creed, sexuality, ability or physical appearance.
4. Ability to perform well under pressure and handle crisis situations and conflict.
5. Ability to maintain strong personal boundaries with the youth and fellow staff members.
6. Sound oral communication skills and the ability to relay important information as needed.
7. Sound written communication skills, ability to fill out paperwork correctly and the ability to meet deadlines.
8. Valid standard first aid and food safe.
9. Valid class 5 driver’s license.
10. Available to work anywhere from 8 hours a week up to 32 hours a week including evenings, weekends, and overnight shifts.
We are looking for relief staff to join our team. Please apply with a cover letter and your resume. Successful applicants will need to complete criminal records checks and a Tuberculin skin test.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.67 /hour