TDB Consultants Inc. is a resource management company providing contracting and consulting services to the resources sectors. TDB specializes in providing Land Management, Geomatics, and Engineering services for the Forestry, Mining, Vegetation, Oil and Gas, Renewable Energy, and Government sectors. Providing quality, customized and innovative solutions to the natural resource community for over 30 years, TDB has built a reputation based on integrity, consistency, and excellence.
Our team members are driven and passionate about achieving TDB’s goals. We strive to foster a collaborative and results oriented culture focused on delivery. We value safety, communication and leadership skills in addition to a passion for innovation and strong technical skills.
This seasonal position will commence in May of 2021. The Forest Technician is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to project teams in all aspects of multiphase timber development as well as data collection, data recording, and land navigation. This is a hands-on position with primarily fieldwork responsibilities. Work is located throughout Northern BC and will involve a mix of town and camp work; shift work in remote locations will be required. Crews will be subject to diverse terrain and weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· GPS Traversing
· Timber Cruising
· Ecological Data Collection
· Road and Block Layout
· Other related field duties
· Highschool Diploma or equivalent
· Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Forestry or in a related field is preferred
· Registration with the ABCFP is considered an asset
· Relevant forestry field experience
· Experience within the outdoors
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is preferred
· Team player who is focused on safety, quality, and production
· Strong communication skills
· Willing to work in diverse and demanding conditions.
· Able and willing to travel
· Able to pass a minimum physical fitness test
TDB Consultants Inc. offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package. Compensation will commensurate with experience and education.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
While we sincerely appreciate all application submissions, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required