At McKellar, Canada’s oldest and largest structured settlement firm, our clients are our first priority. We are a financial/legal services company that operates at the crossroads where lawyers, seriously injured people, and insurance companies meet. We help people navigate some of life’s most difficult decisions and support the incredibly important work of our lawyer and insurer clients.
As a Junior Analyst, you work closely with our Principals and your Analyst team members in providing exceptional service to our clients. You’ll complete administrative tasks, using your fantastic eye for detail and inquisitive nature to collaborate with others on their files. As a Junior Analyst, you have a knack for numbers, the ability to multi-task like a pro, the ability to stay calm under pressure, an innate curiosity, a desire to learn and develop, and a great sense of humour!
- Primarily assist with the administrative duties (e.g. drafting or typing correspondence, preparing forms, liaising with life companies, etc.) required for files.
- Assist in filing and reception coverage as necessary.
- Participate in training activities to gain additional knowledge and experience.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of basic math concepts.
- Superior attention to detail - you are a stickler when it comes to accuracy.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills - deadlines don’t scare you.
- The ability to work independently and with others and to be professional, no matter what the day brings.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel) and an excellent ability to learn new programs (i.e. custom databases).
- An understanding of and complete fidelity to confidentiality.
- Experience in the legal, financial, or insurance industries.
- French fluency.
- Any certificate, designation, award, or achievement that demonstrates a quantitative ability, an ability to think critically, or an ability to write and/or edit.
As a member of the McKellar team, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by ambitious, smart team members who invest in your growth and development. Your employment commences with a 6-month probationary contract. Upon completion of the contract, you’ll be eligible for generous benefits, including health, dental, and drug coverage, and 3 weeks’ vacation. At McKellar, we work hard—so we like to reward our team with perks like an all-expenses-paid overnight holiday party, a kitchen stocked with (free) snacks and drinks, birthday and anniversary gifts, staff raffles and catered lunches, paid company outings, and performance and holiday bonuses. Compensation is very competitive and is reviewed annually.
McKellar Structured Settlements Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t make hiring decisions on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.