The Ramada Duncan is looking for a new team member that is well suited to cross-train between the Front Desk and Housekeeping departments.
This is a permanent part time position with a possibility to grow into full time covering holidays and picking up extra shifts between the two departments. The front desk is open 24 hours a day, shifts are either 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm and housekeeping shifts begin at 9am or 10am and end when the rooms are complete, typically between 3p – 5p.
Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous and professional guest service
- Assist guests on their arrival, departure and during their stay
- Process reservation bookings and cancellations with accuracy
- Answer and appropriately direct all incoming phone calls to the hotel on a multi-line telephone system
- Assist in handling guest complaints or concerns and ensure that proper follow up takes place
- Responsible for cash transactions
- Maintain order and cleanliness at the front desk
- Work directly with housekeeping and maintenance via two-way radio and telephone to respond to guest's requests.
- Cleaning guest rooms in a timely and thoroughly manner to ensure guest satisfaction while maintaining Hotel standards and procedures.
- Present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor
- Making beds, changing sheets
- Vacuuming and washing floors
- Dusting furniture
- Attending to guests' requests for extra supplies
- Stocking housekeeping carts and supplies area, laundry
- Washing windows, walls and ceilings
- Flexible with scheduling (weekdays weekends and holidays).
- Must be reliable and take pride in their work
- Ability to work independently and cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Effective problem solving, conflict management, and decision-making
- Employee & Family discount at Wyndham Hotels
- Discounted meal options for all staff and their family & friends while on or off shift in The Old Fork & River Rock Bar + Grill
- Monthly Health & Wellness Activities
- A friendly work environment
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, send us your resume and introduce yourself. Or feel free to drop a copy off to the Front Desk of the hotel at 140 Trans Canada Highway.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.85 /hour