AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate must manage the activities of the Capital & Major Maintenance (C&M) crew to successfully deliver projects and reduce contracted work costs. Safety, environmental, cost & human resources objectives must be met in compliance with Corporate Principles & Guidelines, the Labour Agreement & applicable legislation.
- Utilize Daily Management with crew to track Key Performance Indicators & drive improvement
- Liaise with Operations Maintenance Coordinators (OMCs) & project managers (PMs) regarding daily & weekly priorities
- Work within cross-functional teams to support Operations & Maintenance
- Support job needs with C&M Planner & PMs: labour, material, tools & procedures
- Use Maintenance Management System to schedule work and document its completion
- Direct & supervise tradespeople effectively to execute capital & major maintenance work
- Ensure direct reports are effective in their roles and are provided with development opportunities
- Support preventative maintenance & troubleshooting to maximize equipment uptime
- Foster sound union-management and employee relations
- Participate in the “On Call” rotation with other members of the Maintenance team
- Organize & Chair monthly crew safety meetings
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to graduates of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma programs
- Piping Hydraulics qualifications
- 10 years of experience in industrial setting, plant asset management
- Familiarization and good understanding of ASME pressure vessel design and fabrication codes
- Strong organization skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Flexibility with, and adaptability to, changing priorities
- Experience & expertise as a tradesperson, Planner or Supervisor will be considered assets
- Fluency in written and verbal English language is required
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range is between $57,400.00 - $86,000.00 depending on level of experience
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application before July 11, 2019.
Human Resources Department
103 Pinder Road, Nackawic, NB, E6G 1W4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.