Are you looking for an IT position with growth opportunities? Does working in a demanding, yet rewarding role excite you?
At Northrock Technologies' Courtenay location, you'll be responsible for both proactively managing our clients' networks as well as reacting to events and solving issues.
Adapting to our clients' needs and budgets, you will provide customized solutions that are optimal for their often unique situations. If you crave responsibility, flexibility, constant challenges, the occasional pressure cooker situation and get a kick out of solving problems and finding new and better ways to do things, read on!
Working with Northrock, you will have the opportunity to:
- Sharpen and expand your skill-set using today's newest technologies.
- Work directly with clients and have the most immediate and visible impact on their environment.
- Work in a supportive team environment where we strive to be greater than the sum of our parts.
- Be part of a professional organization that is committed to keeping the respect of our clients and the community in which we serve.
- Move up the ladder as part of a growing organization with ambitious plans
About yourself. You…
- Get excited about working in an environment that constantly challenges you - to learn more, to solve faster, to be more efficient and to communicate better.
- Are able to perform heuristic decision-making; using a combination of knowledge and intuition to take the path that will most likely lead to the best resolution.
- Are able to see both the task at hand and how it impacts the big picture - not just as it pertains to technical troubleshooting, but how our clients' business processes and their people are affected.
- Are resourceful and adaptive, confident in your ability to solve problems, even if you've never seen them before
- Are able to communicate well with both our clients and our team, gaining trust through honesty and openness
- Have a commitment to excellence; completing jobs to the highest quality possible, even when not under direct supervision.
Your experience and skills (Required):
- At least two years' experience in a technical support role, performing duties such as virus removal, PC deployments, hardware upgrades and repairs, network setups and general troubleshooting.
- Have at least some experience working with Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, G-Suite, virtualization and backup and disaster recovery technologies.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting networks of various sizes.
- Able to perform physical duties such as lifting moderately heavy object, fitting into network/server closets of all shapes and sizes.
- Able and willing to provide
Additional experience and skills (Helps-to-have):
- Delivering managed services bound by SLAs
- RMM tools and PSA software
- Repair of laptops/phones/tablets
- Data cabling
- Security cameras and related systems
- Phone systems
Certifications and degrees are helpful and will give candidates a stronger position, however they are not essential. We are searching for a great character fit that has enough experience to begin contributing right away.
We will be collecting all applications until end of business day on Oct 24th, and will get back to all applicants on the 25th. We are able to offer a start date as early as Nov 1st, but can be flexible after that point.
If this sounds like your kind of career, we strongly encourage you to submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe to us both how you feel you can help us, and how we can help you achieve your career goals.
Thank you for your interest in reading this far, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)