LOCATION: Oxford Gardens Child Care Centre
423 Devonshire Avenue, Woodstock, ON
START DATE: February 2020
HOURS: Average of 35 hours per week
RATE OF PAY: $18.99 per hour to start (plus 2020 Provincial Child Care
Wage Enhancement as applicable)
As a Full-Time Permanent Employee of Good Beginnings, you will be entitled to: health benefits, regular pay grid increments, paid vacation, and paid personal days, after successful probationary period!
We are seeking to fill this positon with a reliable, friendly, energetic and engaged individual. The successful candidate will be required to possess the following qualifications:
· Diploma in Early Childhood Education
· A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
· Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
· Current Criminal Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable
to Good Beginnings
· Current Safe Food Handling Certificate
The successful candidate will provide child care for children (birth to 6 years old) in a group setting under the direction of Good Beginnings.
They will follow the vision, mission, philosophy, Program Statement, confidentiality, and the policies established by the Board of Directors, and regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act. They will also be required to work as part of a team, to guide children in all areas of development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
· Ability to commit to working various shifts between 6:00am – 6:00pm
· Plan and implement activities based on the children’s needs and interests
· Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening, and non-verbal
· Works as a co-operative and respectful member of the team
· Adhere to all licensing requirments as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act
· Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset, as Good Beginnings follows both;
· Highscope: www.highscope.org
· How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the early years.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Ashley Hoover, Human Resources Coordinator
(email is in the Application Settings section)
Closing Date: 4:00 pm – Wednesday January 29, 2020
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent