Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our research and development team. This individual will develop new products and ensure implementation of industrial designs for best in class medical and consumer hardware as well as define and execute test cases to ensure that the developed products meet the requirements and are of the quality expected of an industry leader.
- Work closely with mechanical designers and product management to conceptualize and develop new products and to assure successful implementation of industrial designs
- Rapidly generate new product design concepts and ideation sketches
- Produce convincing 3D mock-up models
- Present new product concept and design ideas to management
- Identify and create design concepts and follow through to production
- Graphic design of product labels, assembly instructions and marketing materials
- CAD renderings for assembly instruction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Min Bachelor’s in Industrial Design or equivalent
- Min. 3 years of experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot, Visualize and Solidworks (or equivalent tools)
- Good understanding of industrial manufacturing processes, material, surface finish and textures
- Experience with model making and prototyping
- Good Knowledge of branding, ergonomic and human factors
- Aware of market trends
- Creative and open minded
- Strong time management skills
- Self-starting and highly effective working independently and within a team
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to provide a portfolio
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.