Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is a leading full-service business law firm in Mississauga with a comprehensive offering of legal services in Corporate/Commercial Law, Employment Law, Branding & Franchising Law, Wills & Estates, including Family Law and Mediation.
We are looking for a highly responsible individual to manage our Human Resources. If you have credibility, are able to effectively influence others, have strong business acumen, passionate about inspiring people to do their best and to be their best. If you thrive in a fast paced and challenging working environment and are seen as diplomatic, approachable, analytical and a strong communicator, this is the job for you!
The HR Manager is responsible to ensure all management decisions made align to our values, and uphold our culture. The core responsibilities are maintaining and implementation of the firms Employment Policies, performance evaluation and management, communication, and workflow planning including succession, vacation, and personal time coverage.
- Assist General Manager and Managing Partner in ensuring the goals for the firm are well developed and communicated.
- Maintain current HR filing system and personnel records database
- Responsible for the full cycle talent acquisition and recruitment process
- Acting as primary point of contact and coaching support on day-to-day performance, employee relations issues, sharing arrangements and various other support needs.
- Maintain the attendance records, vacation schedule and managing the coverage arrangements
- Managing annual performance review process and assist in wage reviews
- Ensure thorough on boarding of new staff, and off boarding of staff is completed.
- Develop and maintain a Succession Planning Model for all staff positions in the firm
- Manage the Mentorship Program for the new staff, ensuring all new staff members fully benefit from the experience of experienced staff of the firm.
- Manage Training Program for staff in conjunction with GM
- Manage the social aspects in the firm and timely communication
Priority Consideration will be given to candidates with:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Human Resource management and CHRP certification.
- Strong communication, relationship building and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision-making.
- Proven ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization, building credibility as a role model and subject matter expert.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-based environment within challenging deadlines.
- Able to motivate people and foster a positive work environment.
- Flexible attitude and desire to support change.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is located in the Square One area of Mississauga. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, together with a great work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)