Job title :
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.84 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Permanent Part Time Dietitian to serve our North Okanagan Long Term Care Sites, join our team today!
This Clinical Dietitian position involves assessing, monitoring and providing nutritional care to residents at three Long Term Care sites in Vernon, Enderby and Armstrong. Being a dysphagia trained professional is an asset. Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities.
The Dietitian provides input to the Professional Practice Leader by participating in the development of nutrition practice guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the facility and program. This is a permanent, part-time 0.84 position. Days of work are Tuesday to Friday (08:00 to 16:00), with one additional Monday shift every 5 weeks. **Please note that this rotation is subject to change**
We offer a welcoming and collaborative team environment working with long term care clients which offers a great opportunity to build your skills experience across various areas of practice. If you are a Registered Dietician with experience in an acute clinical setting supporting both inpatients and outpatients with restricted activities A, B & C then we would love to hear from you!
- Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
- Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program.
- Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- One year of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Restricted activities A & C
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.