Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of children with autism? If you are looking for a meaningful role that provides training and a team-centered, supportive environment, then Breakthrough Autism is the right fit for you!
We are looking for energetic individuals to join our team as Instructors and deliver front-line one-to-one teaching using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). It is anticipated based on current volumes that on average Instructors are likely to be assigned to work at least thirty to forty (30-40) hours per week at the centre and in clients’ homes during regular business hours, some evenings, and Saturdays. This position is for a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent at the end of the contract.
What’s in it for you?
- The satisfaction that comes with making a difference in the lives of children with autism and empowering their families
- Working with a fun and experienced team
- A comprehensive training program in a highly-supportive environment
- Tuition reimbursement and supervision hours for the Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) training
- BCaBA supervision hours if applicable
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering direct ABA services
- Working one-to-one and in small groups with children with autism
- Monitoring each child’s progress
- Liaising with parents on an ongoing basis
- Working at the Centre or in clients’ homes
The individual we are looking for has:
- Previous experience working with children; experience working with children with special needs is considered an asset
- Enjoys working with children and has endless energy and patience
- Completed or working towards one of the following: Child & Youth Worker Diploma, Developmental Services Worker Diploma, Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree, Behavioural Science Technology Diploma, Autism Behavioural Science Certificate, degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally with parents/guardians
- An ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Eager to learn and accept feedback for continuous improvement
- Has a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle to travel to clients’ homes
- Has the flexibility to work regular business hours, some evenings and Saturdays
Interested? Please send your résumé, along with a cover letter referencing code “BA-IN-2019” in the subject line.
Breakthrough Autism is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates; accommodations are available upon request. Thanks in advance to everyone who applies for this position. Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Vulnerable Sector Screen.
Job Type: Full-time