Business Systems Analyst, Excluded
Technology and IT Operations, MAXIMUS Canada
In & Out of Service
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The role of the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is to help define business requirements, and to map out business processes and to also be able to translate technical requirements to non-technical staff. Also, the BSA has some proficiency in basic XML scripting and SQL programming skills. In addition, depending on the project lifecycle, the BSA may also be asked to perform hands on quality assurance using both manual testing methods and automated testing tools.
The BSA must be hands-on in working with end users and stakeholders and has the ability to effectively capture requirements.
- Elicits business requirements from key stakeholders and end users
- Develops business process models
- Creates effective use cases and defines all of the key actors, and systems in order to achieve the desired goals
- Visually creates UML models using industry standards in order to visually capture the design of various systems
- Basic computer programming skills in XML, and SQL
- To be able to create effective test plans, test cases, and test scenarios using both manual and automated testing methodologies
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in systems analysis, information systems, computer science or a related field, and have experience successfully implementing and supporting enterprise applications
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in an identical or similar role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Nice to Have Skills:
- Requirements Elicitation
- Business Process Modeling
- Use Cases
- UML Modeling
- Testing & Quality Assurance
- HL7 messaging
- Health Insurance or Pharmacy Industry
- Release planning, business systems analysis and documentation, business process reengineering, and business case development and status reporting
- Borland Caliber RM, and/or StarTeam
- Experience with the application landscape that supports the British Columbia Ministry of Health
Results and Delivery
- Defines appropriate goals
- Works toward achieving goals
- Articulates vision and steps for achievement
- Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
- Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
- Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
- Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
- Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
- Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
- Takes the time to properly plan
- Data-driven and detail-focused
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintains confidentiality
We position will be open until filled.
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.