Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
The primary role of the Screener is to greet and screen all patients, families, and visitors entering the hospital.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent acceptable to the Hospital
- Healthcare experience is an asset
- Willingness to stand for extended periods of time
- Willing to wear personal protective apparel (gown, gloves, mask and face shield) and abide by requirements prescribed for their use
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to health and safety practices for self and others (staff, patients, families, visitors, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required.
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers Thorough and strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to remain calm, utilizing conflict management skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Demonstrated acceptable attendance and performance record
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude that demonstrates Quinte Health Care’s values
- Must be available to work all shifts as required, which may include, weekends, stat holidays, day and evening shifts.
- Review screening tools and assess eligibility for entrances
- Screen all individuals entering the Hospital for signs, symptoms and travel based on the screening tool
- Verify staff eligibility for entrance (ID Badge or other means)
- Ensure all persons entering the Hospital follow proper precautionary measures and wear the appropriate protective equipment as required
- Refer individuals for advanced screening as required
- Direct individuals to proper assessments areas as required
- Ability to de-escalate conflict and involve leadership appropriately.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Walking for extended periods of time
- Able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time. Required PPE will be, gown, gloves, mask and face shield)
- Able to work 12 consecutive hours