About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, you will provide field support for installation, test, commissioning, modifications, repairs, operation, and/or maintenance of equipment. You also will provide technical expertise to subcontractors, project team members and less experienced personnel. You will be responsible for troubleshooting of equipment and operating portable test equipment, testing devices and special tools towards execution of support activities. You will ensure and respect Health, Safety and Enviroment (HSE) rules to execute all requested activities safely. You will ensure all information, equipment and parts are available and prepared, to ensure efficient execution.
In your role you will:
- Perform a variety of assignments such as replacement of failed parts or equipment, test, operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Perform site testing on the vehicle under the supervision of Commissioning specialist, record the test output and complete the test report;
- Record and report the incidents of electromechanical equipment/subsystem failures and perform preliminary trouble shooting; contact engineering or supplier for solution if necessary;
- Report any damage or shortage of parts/tools to the logistic department in order to request replacement part or order spares and/or consumables, tools etc;
- Based on instruction from engineering and/or supplier, design test/investigation methods and set up test;
- Report test results to engineering and/or supplier to improve design/product quality;
- Support recovery of the train and be responsible for the access permit;
- Implement work orders assigned; report immediately any deviation, incident, failure in Bombardier Transportation’s (BT) certified tool(s) (Maximo etc.);
- Document results of investigations and execution in the BT’s Certified tool(s).
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Technician degree (electrical/mechanical);
- Journeyman trade qualified may be considered. (electrical/mechanical)
- Your Electrical certification would be considerate an asset;
- You have from three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar role;
- You have hands-on experience on electro-mechanical systems;
- You possess electrical and mechanical capabilities;
- You are skilled with brake systems and troubleshooting;
- You are competent in operation and maintenance of equipment;
- You have safety awareness in electro-mechanical environment;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
10.01.2019, 9:28:53 AM
09.02.2019, 11:59:00 PM