VIH Aerospace, a division of VIH AVIATION GROUP has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing General Laborer to join their growing team.
Are you looking to get your hands on deck of a growing team and company? We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented and forward-thinking General Laborer to join our aviation manufacturing team. Our General Laborer is a great entry position into the world of manufacturing, with lots of room for growth! We are hiring at our North Saanich, BC location. This is a full-time position, we are currently looking to fill two (2) positions.
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, mechanics and sheet metal workers
- Paint stripping, parts cleaning, cutting and deburring
- Perform other labor and elemental activities
- Clean equipment and work areas
- Stock and maintain shop supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma required
- Preference given to those with aviation industry experience.
- Must have good mechanical skills
- Must have good communication skills in English
- Meticulous & well organized
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer’s skills
- Quick learner
- Self-motivated ability to seek out information and knowledge required to perform job responsibilities
- Must be able to lift up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.50-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Where are you currently living?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person