Job Description: Material Handler - Production
Position Overview: Reporting to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager, the Material Handler – Production, is responsible for the safe, efficient transportation of raw materials, packaging and finished goods within the production area in accordance with General Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Pick and stage raw materials and packaging needed for production
- Weighs materials and packaging, and records weights on tags and labels.
- Creates requisitions for packaging, ingredients and pallets/totes as per production schedule and on demand
- Receiving and storing raw ingredient and packaging into proper locations
- Using a RF scanner, move ingredients and packaging in the electronic system
- Putting materials away into appropriate locations
- Records timing and temperature for chilled or frozen ingredients
- Ensuring all paperwork and inventory documentation is completed
- Perform General housekeeping for production lines to ensure safe efficient and clean maintenance of work areas i.e. removal of excess supplies and pallets
- Basic maintenance checks on forklift equipment
- Accurate & timely reporting of all quality issues
- Perform other tasks as required
- Follow all proper maintenance, sanitation and Health & Safety protocols at all times.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and general housekeeping
- Able to perform above duties in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Able to operate material handling equipment in a safe manner, consistent with established procedures, including maintaining forklift batteries, conducting daily circle checks and completing required documentation.
- Good knowledge of inventory control and order picking.
- Able to count, sort, code, and record information as required for inventory control
- Good knowledge of GMPs, SOPs, Health & Safety procedures, including, OH&S Act & WHMIS.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors as a Quality Focused, Service Oriented Team Player.
Reporting of any Food Safety or Quality Problems:
Staff are to report any food safety or food quality problems or concerns that they become aware of to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Ventura Foods Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)