Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Sponsorships, the Marketing & Communications Specialist develops and implements APEGA’s marketing and communication activities for internal and external clients to achieve APEGA's strategic and business goals. This involves building relationships and creating key messages with multiple stakeholders, within and outside the organization, to maintain and enhance APEGA's reputation and brand.
- Develop marketing and communication plans and campaigns for APEGA divisions/departments in support of strategic internal and external brand initiatives aimed at informing, influencing and educating staff, members, permit holders, and other stakeholders:
- Identifying what the problem each client is trying to solve, target audience, budgets, timelines and key performance indicators that move target audiences through the decision cycle
- maintaining consistent corporate brand/image voice across divisions, product lines, events, and promotional materials
- collaborating with key personnel on events and programs to have a firm understanding of their purpose in order to appropriately and effectively promote
- collaborating with design, production, and distribution teams to ensure collateral and promotional materials support marketing programs
- collaborating with the marketing and communication team to identify and employ appropriate tactics that address each plan’s goals and objectives
- gathering result data and produce reports for clients and the management team to show progress and identify improvements.
- Develop communications programs to support organizational goals and objectives by:
- creating digital and print communications for various events and initiatives, including programs, presentations, biographies, and scripts
- planning and execution of promotional and educational videos; working with outside consultants and service providers, as needed—such as photographers, videographers, designers, and printers—to ensure successful creation and delivery of materials
- researching and working with clients and specific SMEs to develop recommendations on key messages, goals, strategies, tactics, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- consulting with internal clients and other stakeholders on goals and objectives for campaigns
- collaborating with the Communications leaders and managers on requirements and approval processes
- evaluating and measuring campaign results to report successes and recommendations for improvements
- Develop support/promotional materials that effectively inform and engage stakeholders of communications initiatives by:
- working with Graphic Designer to plan photoshoots and videos for use on APEGA's external website, internal staff intranet, and social media platforms
- ensuring that collateral materials inform, influence and educate target audiences and are of high quality reflective of the APEGA brand
- Create and implement strategies to educate news media about APEGA initiatives by:
- researching, writing, and distributing news releases, backgrounders, media advisories, and public service announcements for events, initiatives, and programs
- creating and implementing media strategies, including traditional media outlets and technical or sector publications
- liaising with media to earn coverage
- providing on-site assistance to media at APEGA events
- providing support to subject matter experts on staff to help them prepare for media interviews
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the Communications Department by:
- creating, reviewing, and updating departmental documentation, including standard operating procedures, manuals, policies and guidelines
- providing backup support to other team members, ensuring that cross-training is ongoing
- keeping current with industry trends and actively researching and implementing best practices in internal and external communications
Skills & Attributes
- Requires copywriting and editing skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires working and theoretical understanding of project management practices
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines
- Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarify, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy
- Post-secondary education in marketing, public relations or communications
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with digital content and social media is required
- Photography and videography is an asset
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
_Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted_.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent