Hyatt Place Kelowna
1915 Enterprise Way
Opening Spring 2020
Job Title: Sales & Catering Coordinator
Job Location: Hyatt Place Kelowna, 1915 Enterprise Way, Kelowna BC
The Sales & Coordinator position is responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt Place Kelowna strategies and brand standards, all the while meeting employee, guest and General Manager expectations. The Sales & Coordinator will support the Director of Sales in maximizing sales and achieving pre-determined targets.
- Assist the Director of Sales with all Sales related functions
- Prepare sales related documents through out the sales process
- Answers telephones, qualifies lead inquiries, directs calls and relays messages in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting with general sales functions within the property.
- Gather Sales related materials and create physical information packages for clients
- Meet walk in clients for facility tour and information gathering.
- Communicate and discuss all RFP leads with Director of Sales
- Managing and maintaining the Envision database system on property level.
- Coordinating & executing all Envision data and reports.
- Maintains presence on Lanyon & Cvent portals, responding to all leads and inquiries
- Maintains creative presence on all social media channels
- Work with FOM/AGM with rooming list and group arrival organization
- Provide final master billing to corporate clients for payment
- Liaison as Manager on Duty during meeting & event functions
- Temporary support of all sales functions in the absence of the Director of Sales
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Sales and General Manager
- Previous sales or hospitality experience preferred
- Degree or diploma in a Hospitality Management program preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Envision and Opera experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills, meeting deadlines and client due dates
- Team player who possesses good planning and problem solving and the ability to work with other departments to exceed customer service.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Competitive wages
- Group Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
- Hyatt Brand Employee Rate Program
The Hyatt Place Kelowna Hotel and its parent company is an equal opportunity employer that provides extensive training programs in order for new employee's to experience immediate success.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)