We're ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren't just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world's first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive! This is a 6-month contract position with the possibility of an extension.
As a part of our Customer Support group, you will be the first point of contact for our customers, responsible for providing the best possible customer experience through troubleshooting and solving all kinds of inquiries! Our Customer Support group provides top-notch service for our ecobee suite of products, and consistently gets great reviews from consumers!
We are looking for new members to join our team who will respond to user issues over the phone and by email. You understand that the happiness of our customers is paramount and can't wait to come to ecobee every day with a great work ethic and a get-it-done attitude. If you are bilingual in French and English – even better!
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Act as the first point of contact for ecobee customers by phone, e-mail and chat using Zendesk
- Ensure ecobee customer's happiness by resolving technical/non-technical inquires
- Support a wide range of customers, including end users of our products, HVAC professionals, distribution partners, OEM partners and utility customers
- Act as a key contributor to the Customer Support Team while making a meaningful impact to the success and growth of our business
- Be committed to superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Interested candidates must be able to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays (our Customer Support office is open 8AM-12AM Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun 9am-9pm)
Who Are You?
Nice to Have:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: friendly and accessible communication style is what we're all about!
- Strong customer service experience is a must – help desk, technical support or retail experience with the ability to problem solve with our customers via phone and email
- The aptitude to learn and adapt to new technology
- Proficient keyboard and multitasking skills, you're able to listen and document all our customer interactions
- Excellent work ethic in details pertaining to process/procedures
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
What we are offering:
- An understanding of Internet of Things technologies such as HomeKit, WINK, SmartThings, IFTTT and other API integrations
- Solid grasp of Wireless/Wi-Fi troubleshooting methodologies
- An understanding of HVAC controls, control wiring, and HVAC terminology would be an asset
- An intensive training program to learn the ins and outs of installing and troubleshooting our awesome products (thermostat and lightswitch)
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we're looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.