Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position can be located at any North American office or Virtual in North America.
The Director, Cybersecurity Operations is an expert in the establishment, evaluation and continuous improvement of the cybersecurity operations program. Responsibilities include the coordination of all efforts required to prevent, detect, analyze, respond to and recover from cybersecurity events across the enterprise.
As a subject matter expert in cybersecurity operations, the contributor has responsibility for the effective management of Ceridian’s cybersecurity systems including, but not limited to; SIEM, IPS, DLP, CASB, WAF and end point protection. This role includes responsibility for leading a team of cybersecurity analysts who will manage those cybersecurity systems and take appropriate action on the events they generate. In addition, this contributor plays a key role in the development of Ceridian’s overall cybersecurity program through the development of standard operating procedures, training materials, process improvement & documentation as well as mentoring and coaching members of the cybersecurity operations team.
This role requires timely and effective communications to key stakeholders including executive level leadership. Work is done in close partnership with other leaders from the cybersecurity architecture, governance and assurance teams. In addition to the effective management of cybersecurity operations, the contributor will lead strategic or special projects related to cybersecurity or other information technology opportunities.
- Lead and serve as a subject matter expert for Ceridian’s cybersecurity operations (SOC)
- Effectively monitor all cybersecurity operations and infrastructure
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all cybersecurity tools and technology
- Monitor, evaluate and report on cybersecurity operational performance and processes to assure the continuous improvement of the overall program
- Monitor internal and external cybersecurity policy compliance
- Create and maintain process documentation, including standard operating procedures as better practices and new processes are identified
- Oversee incident change management for both cybersecurity and the broader technology organization
- Responsible for analysis and documentation of incidents to ensure accurate root cause is identified; appropriate preventive actions are identified and tracked; and reduce likelihood of future cybersecurity & technology events
- Predictably and reliably lead complex, and often highly sensitive, cybersecurity investigations by following the prescribed process
- Act independently, and with little direction, to identify and resolve challenges to the timely and reliable identification of cybersecurity events
- Effectively manage a team of cybersecurity analysts & incident managers (both employees and third parties)
- Support the growth of the capability, capacity and formal certification of the cybersecurity operations team members
- Follow applicable documentation, confidentiality and legal standards in all written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate excellent judgement when addressing new challenges where process may not already exist
- Work with third parties as required to tune existing or new cybersecurity technologies
- Assist with various audit of internal compliance to cybersecurity policies and standards
- Implement security best practices in accordance with ISO 27000 Information Security Management System and other national/international security standards
- Lead strategic or special projects required for Ceridian to meet its cybersecurity objectives including the evaluation and implementation of new cybersecurity technology
- Interact with senior organizational leaders as required to facilitate the effective handling of incidents or project delivery
- Communicate effectively with business and technical audiences and produce suitable communications for multiple audience types, both client-facing and internal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 10+ years related experience, or
- Master’s degree plus 8+ years related experience prefered, or
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience
- CISSP certification is a must have for this position
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Experience managing people in a cybersecurity or information technology organization
- Proven track record of delivering cybersecurity or information technology projects effectively
- Experience in establishing and/or managing a cybersecurity operations program at the enterprise level
- Good working knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy legislation and regulations
- Strong knowledge of relevant cybersecurity related hardware, software and vendor solutions
- Experienced with cybersecurity and vulnerability management best practices
- Ability to confidently and independently lead incident investigations to successful resolution
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to Information Management operations, and with ITSM best practices
- Experience working with ITIL v3, Agile/Scrum and DevOps principles
- Ability to understand and work with complex, large enterprise business environments
- Technical writing experience following ITIL best practices
- Advanced skills with Microsoft collaboration and productivity tools; Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to build and present effective business presentations
- Demonstrated capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations and drive cross functional collaboration in a short period of time
- Ability to work well inter-personally across different teams and disciplines at various levels up through executives, as well as influence and manage without direct authority.
- Capable of leading process analysis and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and projects
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.