D.L.C. Residential Services is a community based agency providing residential care to latency aged children and youth diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder; developmental and intellectual disabilities. The children and youth present in the moderate to severe level of functioning with self regulation challenges occasionally requiring physical support, as well as social, emotion, communication and daily living needs. D.L.C. is increasing our staffing compliments and have openings for Part Time Residential Counsellors, as well as Full Time Overnight Awake Counsellors.
- Ensure supportive, safe, and predictable environment through the establishment of routines and limits;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, time management and critical thinking skills with a strong understanding of boundaries;
- To provide all children and youth opportunities for community involvement, as well as a variety of recreational and social activities;
- Actively participate in community integration focusing on the child/youth's desires;
- Assess, manage, design, and implement a treatment plan to respond to the child/youths priority needs;
- Work collaboratively in determining and understanding the children and how best to support them within the program with the long term goal being that of family re-integration;
- Use tact and judgment in a respectful manner and have the ability to apply these skills in a variety of situations;
- The ability to work with children and youth who have severe developmental delays and require ongoing support through their day to day functioning;
- The Full Time Overnight Awake Counsellor will ensure the health, safety and well being of the children during the night time hours. Will remain awake during all hours and complete all emergency checklists and procedures.
- Post-Secondary Education in Behavioural Services, CYC, Developmental Services, Social Services, Psychology, Social Work, etc. or in the process of receiving these qualifications.
- G Class Driver’s License in good standing is mandatory for all full time positions and a definite asset for part time. If applicable, must have an abstract demonstrating eligibility to be added to the Agency's fleet insurance.
- Previous experience supporting persons of various ages and abilities in a residential setting, please identify educational placements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; time management and organizational skills essential
- Experience with a variety of communication tools such as Pecs, Sign Language etc.
- Satisfactory clearance under the Criminal Reference Check program for Vulnerable Persons; Child Welfare Check and Pre-employment medical health review with updated immunizations
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates an asset
Hours of Work
- Must be available to attend mandatory annual training which occur on weekdays between 9am and 4pm approximately 3 times per year.
- Must be available at minimum, every second weekend, both Saturday and Sunday (any hours) plus a minimum of two weekdays per week (ex. 3pm-11pm, 9am-9pm, etc.) which meets the needs of the agency. Every weekend also meets part time expectations.
- Must be available to start work on school days no later than 3pm.
Full Time Overnight Awake
- Must be available to work on a rotating schedule including weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Overnight staff must work shifts on the floor during daytime and evenings for a period of at least one month prior to working night shifts to allow for opportunity to build rapport with the clients.
- Part Time Residential Counsellor: $18.00 to $19.90 per hour
- Full Time Overnight Counsellor: $18.40 to $20.30 per hour
D.L.C. Residential Services thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PSW DIPLOMA'S not acceptable for these positions. No phone calls please.
D.L.C. Residential Services strives for equal opportunities, inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.30 /hour
- Residential or relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)