We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence-driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. As a Full-Stack Developer in EMAGIN, you will be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to help us scale up our platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You will have the opportunity to build mission critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You Will Do
As a Full Stack Developer, you play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application. You use and develop your skills in data visualisation, algorithms, UI design and developing web technologies.
- Use Python to seamlessly integrate technologies together
- Build complex applications using technologies such as React, Redux and GraphQL
- Support API design discussions, understand backend architecture to implement the front end
- Work with large data sets, including time series data
- Research, design, document, implement, and test computer software systems
- Advance the cutting-edge of tech by contributing to open-source projects
What You Will Need
- Proficient building, testing, and deploying production quality applications with React/Redux or equivalent frameworks, such as Angular or Vue
- Understand the full-stack application lifecycle, with emphasis/expertise on the front-end
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Competent with version control using Git
- Proficient in third-party integration using REST APIs, SDK’s
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement
- Authorized to work in Canada (onsite in our Kitchener office)
Nice to Have
- Practical experience developing web-based multi-tenant applications
- Experience visualizing data in different manners (charts, scorecards, tables, etc.)
- Exposure to developing mobile apps
- Cloud Experience (we use AWS)
- Experience in working with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Experience querying data with GraphQL
Why we think you will love working with us.
Build something making a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify
If this sounds challenging and interesting enough, and you have prior experience or expertise in any of these related fields, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.